Thursday, April 23, 2009

Actress Rachel McAdams-- R U Out There?



I committed THE ULTIMATE screenwriting faux paus....

The CARDINAL SIN....

While writing my romantic comedy "One Year" I had you in mind for the lead role the entire time. The experts/professionals/windbags/all say it's a "no-no" because it makes a script 'unsellable.'

As if there are any real rules.

Playing by the rules hasn't gotten me anything but a whole lot of grief, so from now on-- it's balls to the wall, baby.

The reason I envisioned you, is because you are the ultimate package-- funny, witty, attractive in a non-threatening way (lol,) charming...

I wrote the script a little while back during a rough spot in my life. When life kicks you in the ovaries, you down some painkillers and write! Something good out of something bad... I recalled a conversation I had with a friend who one day out of the blue said to me:

Friend: "I'm going to find a man to be with. And I'm going to do it in a year."

Me: "You're crazy, bitch."

Friend: "No. Seriously. I can make this happen."

Me: "Riiiight. Because love is all about making it happen."

The script has been completed... revised... scrutinized... and waiting for its creator (me) to have the stones to do something about it.

*NOTE: if any fans of Ms. McAdams reads this, help me get her attention. You'd LOVE her in this role!

Hugs and kisses,

Rita Riter

No comments:

Post a Comment