Saturday, June 6, 2009

Addiction


Nice to know I'm not the only full-grown woman addicted to the Twilight saga. While stimulating the economy at Yankee Candle the other day, I happened across kindred candle junkies/Twihards. We rapped like a bunch of schoolgirls!
PONYTAIL WOMAN
Oh, my God I think Edward is so hot!
SALES ASSOCIATE
I know! My husband yelled at me because I wanted to hang a Twilight poster in our bedroom. He said "You're 36-years-old. We don't hang posters in our bedrooms anymore."
Rita, who spies the ponytail woman's Twilight bag, enters the gabfest.
RITA
If he doesn't let you hang up the poster, just wash his underwear in Spic-n-Span. He'll come around real fast when his fun marbles are on fire.
PONYTAIL WOMAN
I like that! (a beat) Are you a Twilight fan, too?
RITA
Oh, yeah! I would love to find a vampire like Edward! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has impure thoughts about him.
SALES ASSOCIATE
I know! And we're old enough to be his mother.
RITA
No we're not! We're old enough to be his babysitter. Think how much fun that could be! We know more things than those younger girls do....
=================
We all agreed we can't wait to see New Moon. If some tweeny-thing tries to get between me and a good seat at the theater, I just might have to throw her a 'bow. Hey-- that's what we old broads do. lol...
xoxo,
RiRi

No comments:

Post a Comment