Monday, May 4, 2009

Butt why?





So, I got to thinking... Where did this whole "birthday spanking" thing come from?

I recently celebrated my birthday. My BFF and her hubby both gave me a whack on the tushy. While I found this to be quite exhilirating, it got me wondering:

"What sadistic f*ck came up with this!?!"

Seriously. Birthdays-- fun, frivolity, presents, cake. Not crying in the corner because your ass hurts so bad you can't sit down while everyone is laughing at you and you want to pee your pants! Not that I'm having a childhood flashback... Anywho, according to WikiAnswers:

"Some sources claim it's a superstition while other sources claim that it's based on the slap on the bottom most infants get on the day they are born by the doctor. It's probably more based on the latter than the former. Just adding an extra "slap" as a show of good luck to your health."

Okay, fine. But who added the "and one to grow on" crap if this is supposed to be about good health? And who said you needed spanked for every year you've managed to live? Or was I the only one who got swatted 8 times on my 8th birthday (actually, 9 times)? Now, I'm back to getting spanked just once on my bday, cuz in some places you have to actually pay for this.

Hope you get many spankies on your next bday...

-RiRi

No comments:

Post a Comment