Tuesday, May 26, 2009

OMFG!



It's finally happened.

My mom has become that old lady. The old lady she said she would never become!

And I don't mean age when I toss out the word "old." I mean "old" as in mentality, actions, outlook, driving...

MOM

These people drive like idiots! Where do they have to go in such a hurry! I drive under the speed limit.

RITA

What? You used to be a lead foot. How slow do you go?

MOM

I drive one mile below the speed limit. It's because I'm looking for an address and these people behind me keep blowing their horn.

RITA

You're driving too slow.

MOM

So what! They can wait for me.

==============

And there it is. Before, she couldn't wait for them. I can't tell you how many times mom would lay on the horn back-in-the-day when some hump-backed old bag driving her Caddy would drive erractically. And now? Yeah, that shoe fits...

Just a reminder that even though I'm Forever 21 in my heart, the world and people around me-- including myself-- are not. Ouch.

xoxo,

RiRi

P.S. I can't imagine not speeding! lol (that's what she said)

P.P.S. Yet mom knew what Twitter was! Worlds coliding!

No comments:

Post a Comment